COVID-19 Update 3/20
We are in unprecedented times, so forgive us as our activities continue to evolve as we work assessing and meeting community needs while still keeping our staff and clients as healthy as possible.
The safety of our community and team of servant leaders is our top priority, and I want to make sure you are updated and informed on the latest updates as well as steps we are taking internally to ensure risk and exposure is as minimal as possible. We are actively following guidelines set forth by the CDC and County Officials to ensure the health safety of all persons who work, serve and are served in our offices.
𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆.
𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝟵𝗮𝗺-𝟰𝗽𝗺, 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆. 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 “𝗖𝘂𝗿𝗯𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲” 𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝘆 𝗣𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲.
The following is a summary of who and how we are currently meeting community needs:
- 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐬 (𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟐 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐠𝐞):
– Interfaith’s Senior Grocery Delivery will continue on a weekly basis with the ability to add new Seniors to the program, per their request. Seniors can call 832-615-8224 to be added.
– Seniors can continue to receive information and referral resources by calling 281-367-1230.
– Seniors needing financial assistance are able to call Family Services at 281-367-1230.
- 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬:
– Food assistance will be distributed to individuals and families in need by drive-through in parking lot.
– Crisis Assistance (including rent/mortgage, utilities assistance, and gas vouchers) will be provided to families experiencing job/wage loss.
- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞 𝐔𝐩 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩
– The Hand Me Up Shop is closed to customers and donations at this time.
- 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫
– ICDC is closed through April 10, following CISD’s COVID-19 response lead. All students are receiving at home learning lessons and activities for the coming weeks.
- 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬
– Workforce Solutions Offices are closed to the public but continue to do their great work of helping neighbors find employment by phone. Our Conroe office is available to assist you by calling 936-441-0037.
- 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜
– Our Clinic hours are 8am-2pm, Monday-Thursday. All patients are being triaged over the phone. For medical or dental assistance, please call 281-364-7889.
- 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬:
– All volunteer activities have been suspended to reduce the risk of exposure and encourage our community to stay home to help flatten the curve! We miss you! But look forward to seeing you at Interfaith when we are back to business as usual!
𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝.
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏?
- 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬: Our biggest need in the coming weeks is Funding to be used for the following:
– To purchase bulk, specific and essential foods, toiletries and paper goods for food assistance for families and Seniors.
– Provide financial assistance (i.e. rent, mortgage, utilities, gas vouchers, and prescription assistance) to families and Seniors.
- 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞: https://interfaith-of-the-woodlands.snwbll.com/covid-19-com…
- 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬: We are actively accepting food donations of: cereal, canned meat, dry pasta, vegetables and fruit, snacks for kids, peanut butter, jelly, meal starters, soups, crackers, toiletries, paper goods including toilet paper and cleaning supplies.
- 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐬: Make a card for a Senior! We are accepting cards for Seniors to help bring sunshine to their day! All cards donated will be delivered to our Senior neighbors during grocery delivery. You can drive through and drop off at our office at 4242 Interfaith Way, The Woodlands, 77381.
- 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛:
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝟗𝟑𝟔-𝟒𝟒𝟏-𝟎𝟎𝟑𝟕 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥: 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐨𝐞@𝐰𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.𝐜𝐨𝐦
- 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞: 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝟐𝟖𝟏-𝟑𝟔𝟕-𝟏𝟐𝟑𝟎
- 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝: 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝟖𝟑𝟐-𝟔𝟏𝟓-𝟖𝟐𝟐𝟒
- 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞: 𝟐𝟖𝟏-𝟑𝟔𝟕-𝟏𝟐𝟑𝟎
- 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐧-𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃-𝟏𝟗 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞: 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝟐𝟖𝟏-𝟑𝟔𝟒-𝟕𝟖𝟖𝟗
I would like to thank each of you, our County Judge Mark Keough, County Commissioner James Noack, Precinct 3 Constable Ryan Gable, The Woodlands Township Chairman Gordy Bunch and Board of Directors, Interfaith’s Board of Directors, Advisors and member congregations for your leadership and support of our mission during this time. May you and yours continue to stay healthy and safe! We look forward to seeing your smiling faces at Interfaith of The Woodlands activities, service opportunities and events once this passes.
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐄𝐎
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞