Volunteer Opportunities at Interfaith
Volunteerism is a vital component of Interfaith of The Woodlands’ mission. Interfaith relies heavily on the community and individuals for volunteers. Many individuals donate their time and talents to assist the numerous programs, services and projects. The following outlines a few volunteer opportunities offered through Interfaith for residents living in Montgomery County:
- Hand Me Up Shop – sort donations, price items, sell merchandise, greet and assist customers, and pick up donations from various locations.
- Veggie Village – garden, educate, adopt a plot and more in our community garden. Veggie Village is a family-friendly volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteer Food Drives – organize a food drive in your group or neighborhood to help stock the food pantry.
- Food Pantry – organize and stock shelves, sack donations, and pick up donations from various locations.
- Translator or Office Support – assist our Interfaith staff during special events and programs.
- Transportation Programs – drive seniors to medical appointments or to the grocery store.
- Grocery Delivery – deliver groceries to homebound seniors.
- Senior Activities – assist with activities such as bingo, crafts and exercise for seniors.
- Serving Our Seniors– a day of service to assist seniors through a variety of projects.
- Community Events – sign up to work these events as an Interfaith volunteer and funds will be donated back to Interfaith to support the many Programs and Services. Each event has a different volunteer sign-up process, and it is important to follow specific sign-up instructions in order for Interfaith to receive credit.
View our Volunteer video!
For questions about volunteer opportunities at Interfaith, please email Holly Mayer at email@example.com or call 832-615-8202.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Fall 2017 Serving Our Seniors
Saturday, October 21, 2017
The Interfaith All Star Program is a year-long volunteer program for high school students in which they complete at least 40 hours of volunteer service with Interfaith Programs. The program runs from June 1st to May 31st. Enrollment for the 2018/2019 year will begin May 2018. Please contact Holly at 832-615-8202 for more information.