Volunteer Opportunities at Interfaith
Volunteerism is a vital component of Interfaith of The Woodlands’ mission. Interfaith relies heavily on the community and individuals for volunteers. Many individuals donate their time and talents to assist the numerous programs, services and projects. The following outlines a few volunteer opportunities offered through Interfaith for residents living in Montgomery County:
- Hand Me Up Shop – sort donations, price items, sell merchandise, greet and assist customers, and pick up donations from various locations.
- Veggie Village – garden, educate, adopt a plot and more in our community garden. Veggie Village is a family-friendly volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteer Food Drives – organize a food drive in your group or neighborhood to help stock the food pantry.
- Food Pantry – organize and stock shelves, sack donations, and pick up donations from various locations.
- Translator or Office Support – assist our Interfaith staff during special events and programs.
- Transportation Programs – drive seniors to medical appointments or to the grocery store.
- Grocery Delivery – deliver groceries to homebound seniors.
- Senior Activities – assist with activities such as bingo, crafts and exercise for seniors.
- Serving our Seniors (SOS) – participate in Interfaith of The Woodlands’ day of service to assist seniors in the community with yard work, minor home repair and light housekeeping.
- Interfaith’s Le Tour de Woodlands – assist with check-in, packet pick-up or along the bike route to direct the riders in this family-friendly bike event.
- Community Events – sign up to work these events as an Interfaith volunteer and funds will be donated back to Interfaith to support our Programs and Services. Each event has a different volunteer sign up process, and it is important to follow specific sign up instructions in order for Interfaith to receive credit.
View our Volunteer video!
For questions about volunteer opportunities at Interfaith, please email Holly Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-615-8202.
General Volunteer Orientations
Monday, September 14 1:00 p.m.
Monday, September 28 1:00 p.m.
Are you 16 years or older and interested in volunteering for Interfaith of The Woodlands through our Programs & Services? Please bring your completed 2015 Volunteer Application to one of our upcoming volunteer orientations.
– held at the Interfaith Offices
4242 Interfaith Way
The Woodlands, Texas 77381
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
No Volunteer Training Necessary
October 10, 2015:
Fall Serving Our Seniors (SOS) –
October 17, 2015:
Le Tour de Woodlands
Interfaith All Star Volunteers
If you are 14 to 18 years old and entering or currently in high school, you are eligible for the Interfaith All Star Volunteer Program. The All Star Program is an opportunity for high school students to participate in a year-long volunteer program and commit to attempting to complete 40 hours of volunteer service with Interfaith Programs. Those All Star volunteers that complete the 40 hours will receive a certificate upon completion of the program. Students may participate each year of high school. The program runs from June 1st to May 31st, and participants must attend an orientation to enroll in the program.