Volunteer Opportunities at Interfaith
Volunteerism is a vital component of Interfaith of The Woodlands’ mission. Interfaith relies heavily on the community and individuals for volunteers. Many individuals donate their time and talents to assist the numerous programs, services and projects. The following outlines a few volunteer opportunities offered through Interfaith for residents living in Montgomery County:
- Hand Me Up Shop – sort donations, price items, sell merchandise, greet and assist customers, and pick up donations from various locations.
- Veggie Village – garden, educate, adopt a plot and more in our community garden. Veggie Village is a family-friendly volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteer Food Drives – organize a food drive in your group or neighborhood to help stock the food pantry.
- Food Pantry – organize and stock shelves, sack donations, and pick up donations from various locations.
- Translator or Office Support – assist our Interfaith staff during special events and programs.
- Transportation Programs – drive seniors to medical appointments or to the grocery store.
- Grocery Delivery – deliver groceries to homebound seniors.
- Senior Activities – assist with activities such as bingo, crafts and exercise for seniors.
- Community Events – sign up to work these events as an Interfaith volunteer and funds will be donated back to Interfaith to support the many Programs and Services. Each event has a different volunteer sign up process, and it is important to follow specific sign up instructions in order for Interfaith to receive credit.
Many more volunteers are needed for Ironman Texas on Saturday, May 14, 2016!
Click here to find out which Ironman volunteer positions help support Interfaith and to sign-up!
View our Volunteer video!
For questions about volunteer opportunities at Interfaith, please email Holly Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-615-8202.
General Volunteer Orientation
Monday, May 23rd 1:00 p.m.
Those interested in volunteering in our Family Services or Senior Services Programs must be at least 16 years of age and attend a volunteer orientation to become a registered volunteer. Please bring your completed Volunteer Application to one of our upcoming volunteer orientations held at the Interfaith Offices:
4242 Interfaith Way
The Woodlands, Texas 77381
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
No Volunteer Orientation Needed
May 10-15, 2016
(details at left)
October 8, 2016
(more information coming soon)
The Interfaith All Star Program is a year-long volunteer program for high school students in which they complete at least 40 hours of volunteer service with Interfaith Programs. The program runs from June 1st to May 31st. Participants and their parent/guardian must pre-register and attend the All Star Orientation on June 7, 2016, in order to enroll in the program. Contact Holly at 832-615-8202 to register for orientation.