As of March 12, 2020, Judge Mark Keough issued a Declaration for Public Health Emergency for Montgomery County as well as an order affecting the Occupancy of Premises throughout Montgomery County for the next 30 days.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, clients and overall community is our top priority, and I want to make sure you are informed on the latest updates as well as steps we are taking internally here at Interfaith to ensure minimal risk and exposure as possible while continuing our mission to serve our neighbors in need and build community. We are actively following guidelines set forth by the CDC to ensure the health safety of all persons who work, serve and are served in our offices.
In an abundance of caution, and to minimize traffic in our very public offices, we are implementing the following, for the next 30 days, with an assessment planned on April 1:
- All Volunteer groups are cancelled at all Interfaith locations
- All volunteer activities will be suspended except at the Hand Me Up Shop which will be restricted to volunteers who are our “regular” volunteers (volunteers who regularly volunteer in the shop, who are under the age of 60 who have not traveled to a flagged area and aren’t an at-risk individual);
- All individuals entering all offices will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands;
- Any visitor or staff member will be asked to leave the premises if he/she is visibly ill or showing symptoms of illness
- Giving Goes Glam has been rescheduled to October 16.
- Serving our Seniors has been cancelled for March 28.
We will continue to serve Seniors by teleconference and serve families in need through our crisis assistance and through the Interfaith Food Pantry, including serving families currently affected by school closures and senior grocery delivery.
We are continuing to monitor the ongoing communications regarding the coronavirus from the CDC, as well as state and local health and public authorities. All Interfaith buildings have been and continue to be cleaned/sanitized as recommended by the CDC.
Please rest assured, we will continue to serve our community to the best of our ability utilizing staff until this crisis passes for which we hope to see you back at Interfaith serving your community!
Thank you and stay safe,
President & CEO