Thank you to everyone who attended the Spring Caregivers Conference on Saturday, May 20, 2023 at Christ Church Methodist.
The Caregivers Conference is a free skill-building and informative workshops for family members caring for a loved one, including children with special needs.
SESSIONS HELD DURING SPRING 2023 CONFERENCE
Session One Workshops: 9:30 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
- Legal Documents & Common Trusts
- Transitions in Caregiving
- Senior Living and Care Guidance
- Home Activities For Improving Quality of Life
- Resources for Aging in Place
- * Navigating Benefit Assistance for Special Needs Families
- Finding the Fountain of Youth to Resist Cognitive Aging
Session Two Workshops: 10:55 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.
- Probating a Will in Texas & Techniques for Avoiding Probate
- Care for the Caregiver (Taking time to care for yourself so you can better care for your loved one)
- * Special Needs, Trusts & Guardianship *
- Understanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behavior
- Stages of Dementia
- Veteran’s & Survivor’s Benefits
- Family Dynamics
Session Three Workshops: 12:55 p.m. – 2:05 p.m.
- Elder Law: Navigating the Nursing Home Medicaid Maze
- The Organized Caregiver (How to prepare for legal, medical, physical, social and financial decisions)
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Loved Ones
- Effective Communication Strategies for Those with Dementia
- Holistic Approach to Hospice for You and Your Loved One
- Understanding Medicare
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Raymona Lewis, Interfaith of The Woodlands at 281.367.1230 or
Trial Green, CarePartners at 713.682.5995