Veggie Village

Interfaith of The Woodlands Veggie Village, a community donation garden, is a welcoming place where people work and learn together while providing fresh food to the Interfaith Food Pantry to feed our hungry neighbors. The garden is located at the Alden Bridge Sports Park and is supported by The Woodlands Township and many community volunteers. For more information or to become involved, please email hmayer@woodlandsinterfaith.org.

2nd Veggie Village Children’s Garden in Wendtwoods Park – Creekside Park

Our goals are:

  1. To produce fresh food, using organic and sustainable gardening practices, for the Interfaith Food Pantry
  2. To provide a place where members of the community, including elderly, disabled, and children, work together with our natural habitat, and
  3. To offer education in sustainable living, including gardening, environment care, nutrition and cooking skills

 

 

About Us

Veggie Village is a community donation garden of Interfaith of the Woodlands. More than 75% of all produce is planted and harvested by volunteers for the Interfaith of the Woodlands Food Pantry to supplement the dry goods distributed for grocery assistance. In 2013 more than 3,800 pounds of fresh produce was distributed.

Veggie Village adheres to organic gardening techniques and methods, implementing the use of organic seeds and plants when possible and with a strict prohibition of GMO crops and inorganic pesticides or herbicides.

Come Dig With UsCome Dig With Us!

Eager to get your hands dirty? Veggie Village is always looking for new volunteers! Whether you are a green thumb or green gardener Veggie Village has a place for you. Below are a few opportunities:

Gardener: Adopt a plot! Gardeners at Veggie Village decide what to grow for the season then plant and tend to the plot throughout the year. At least 75% must be donated to the food pantry but the remaining 25% is the gardener’s share.

Garden Advisor- Help advise gardeners or coordinate harvest days. Garden Advisors also assist with Pest Management, Garden Operations and our season workshops.

Harvest and Distribution- Harvest, weigh, package and deliver the day’s produce for distribution. H&D is every Tuesday and Saturday, October-June.

General Helper- Assist with harvest, general maintenance and upkeep of the garden on workdays and special All Hands Project Days.
Events and Publicity- Help spread awareness of Veggie Village and its mission.

Contact- hmayer@woodlandsinterfaith.org to learn more or to get started!

2017 Calendar of Events

To make a gift to Veggie Village, please click send a check to:
Interfaith of The Woodlands
Attn: Development Department
4242 Interfaith Way
The Woodlands, Texas 77381

Or make a contribution through PayPal here:

Veggie Village is always in need of new gloves, clippers and gently used woven baskets. Please contact smundy@woodlandsinterfaith.org to find out more.

For more information please contact:

Sarah Mundy
smundy@woodlandsinterfaith.org
832-615-8220

Veggie Village -Children’s Garden located at:
Wendtwoods Park – Creekside Park

Veggie Village is located at:
The Alden Bridge Sports Park
4751 Highway 242
The Woodlands, TX 77382

Follow on Facebook